The Directorate of Public Services (DPS) is one of the important directorates under the Deputy Vice Chancellor Research. It is composed of the three Units mainly being Continuing Education (CE) Unit, the University Consultancy Bureau (UCB) and an Outreach and Marketing Unit.
What we do:
- Coordinate and administer all consultancy, continuing education and outreach and marketing activities at the University of Dar es Salaam
- Follow up disseminatation and implementation of research findings and report regularly on the same.
- Facilitate and promote collaborative public services links with other institutions, industries and donors
- Facilitate the development of policies on UDSM’s capacity for public services
- Ensure research findings are disseminated to the community at large.
- Facilitate and encourage researchers to patner with industry so as to communicate applicable research findings.
- Encourage and promote a proactive behaviour to UDSM staff and students in all matters of public services
- Facilitate conduction of training need assessments to various institutional internally and externally.
- Facilitate development and review of policies on UDSM human capacity for Public Service.
- Facilitate, enable and support provision of space to build a national wide community in which researchers, government and the business community can exchange knowledge, share best practices, and expand their network regionally and globally.
To Advance learning and create access to demand-driven professional development through consultancy, continuing education, and outreach programs with unsurpassed quality, and a pervasive commitment to serve the nation and the world.
To co-ordinate, facilitate and promote the provision of quality consulting, continuing education, and outreach services by the University of Dar es Salaam